Your friends have told you about the evils of credit card use. Maybe they’ve shared horror stories about how much debt they racked up and FAST! That doesn’t have to be the case with you! Here’s some tips that will help you be smart about credit card use!
- Before you get a credit card: Having a budget will help you analyze and control your spending. Nothing is more important than budgeting! For more, go here.
- Getting a credit card: Shop around, compare fees and other features! CreditCards.com is a start, but look at your Credit Unions – great deals are there!
- Always pay your card on time! Avoid extra interest or fees.
- Pay more than the minimum. Makes things easier and faster.
- Track your credit card account monthly. Make sure you know how you’re using it.
- Try doing a direct payment from your checking account to pay more than the minimum.
- No to cash advances – they have horrible higher rates – and aren’t worth it.
For more info or questions about having a SourceOne Credit Card – with a 1.99% intro transfer deal, call us at (312) 922-0495 or email us here.